Friday 16 June 2017

Postcards for the Weekend: Historic Site / Building

 
Berlin - Pariser Platz - Brandenburger Tor
(Brandenburg Gate)

Postcrossing card from Germany, March 2017


Tokyo, with Tokyo Tower
Postcrossing card from Japan, April 2017

The Mysore Palace (southern India)
Postcrossing card from India, May 2017

Raffles Hotel in Singapore
From Maria in Singapore, March 2017


Hunebedden, or dolmens (megalithic tombs),
in the province of Drenthe in the Netherlands

From Jarina in the NL, March 2017

Callanish Stones, Isle of Lewis
"the setting is thought to have both lunar and solar alignments"

From John in England, August 2015


Weekend Linky Party: 



8 comments:

  1. This may be my favorite postcard post yet! I really like all of them, and also learned quite a bit. I didn't know Berlin had gates. Kind of like in the bible. And I also didn't know about the Dolmens. It must be so hard to tend to your elbow. Are you relieved, or would you rather still go to the nurse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, one learns a lot from Postcrossing! ... and quickly forgets much of it again ... but then Maria's "Postcards for the Weekend" blog provides a good reason to look things up again! :)

      Delete
  2. As for my elbow wound, that Q&A does not really belong in this post... But since Ginny asks, I can report that it's looking much better now, so the nurse and I agreed that next time it probably should not be too difficult for me to handle myself. I was given some plasters to take home with me of the same kind that they've been using at the health care centre. Hopefully I won't have to put the procedure to the test until next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember standing under the Brandenburger Tor before The Wall came down. I really must return to Berlin one day. It is a beautiful city. As for the Callanish Stones I can see them any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to any of the places in these postcards myself. I've been to Germany, but not Berlin.

      Delete
  4. Very different postcards and places, indeed. I was really surprised when, some years ago, I received a postcard of the Tokyo tower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, at first glance at this card I took it to be from Paris!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...